To understand what SEO is all about in content writing, you must first understand the concept of SEO. Search Engine Optimization popularly known as SEO involves the optimization of a website in such a way that users on the web find it easier to access the information. On the other hand, content refers to what you are reading now, the images you share, the videos you watch.
SEO in content writing is the optimization of various content (text, audio, video, and images) with the purpose of increasing your chances of attracting search engine traffic to a particular page or website. Although, this post is not a complete guide on SEO, however, you can get a quick, super refresher on optimizing your content.
Simple ways of Optimizing your Content
To create optimized content for whatever purpose, there are a few steps that can contribute to your content writing.
1. Perform Keyword Research
The foundation for any successful SEO strategy is centered on using the right keywords. With the right keywords, your ranking will rise whereas when wrongly chosen, it can be the end of everything. Keyword research is like a deathtrap – do it wrong, you will pay dearly for it. To avoid such, it is essential to:
• Shun high competitive keywords
• Use a reliable keyword research tool
• Focus on long-tail keywords
• Your topic should match your keyword
2. Update Meta Tags
At times, some people need spoon-feeding. Yes, even Google acts like a baby when it comes to content. To do that correctly, you need to provide relevant information about your content. Providing a Meta tag is like telling Google you have everything it needs. Importantly, your keyword must be part of your page titles, headings, and Meta descriptions.
3. Share your content
It does not stop by getting the right keywords and updating your Meta tags. You have to share your content to increase visibility. Today, with a single click, we can share to various social networks.
Categories of SEO Content
We can have the following SEO contents:
• Blog Posts: With a blog, you can create frequent SEO content on your website. Unlike other content, blog posts are more engaging while attracting more links. The best way of building authority for your page is by using blog posts.
• Articles: Think interview, news article, or feature piece. Most times, you will find these in online magazines or newspapers.
• Videos: Generally, we have fewer websites with video content; hence, it is easier to rank higher when compared to articles. However, this will depend on the kind of business you run and the audience you want to reach.
Developing an SEO in Content Writing
Peradventure, you have been generating content without a positive impact. It is time to re-strategize. The first point of call is to define your SEO goal. Nobody ever hit a target without aiming first. Therefore, make a list of what you want to achieve with your content or website.
Secondly, consider your audience. With the right analytics and survey software, you can get a detailed picture of your client or visitor. Then consider the type of information such an audience wants. Furthermore, create an editorial calendar to schedule when you need to publish new content. Finally, always analyze and reassess your strategies – find out what works and does not. Then improve on those that work when you build your authority.